Friday, August 22, 2008

Okay, since we are promoting a crappy environment, I shall provide some really lame and funny jokes. Warning: Don't blame me if the jokes are super lame arh.


1. Three Sons Joke (REMINDS ME OF YAPPLE)
Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. Getting back together, they discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly Mother. The first said, "I built a big house for our Mother." The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes with a driver." The third smiled and said, "I've got you both beat. You remember how Mom enjoyed reading the Bible? And you know she can't see very well any more. I sent her a remarkable parrot that recites the entire Bible. It took Elders in the church 12 years to teach him. He's one of a kind. Mama just has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot recites it." Soon thereafter, Mom sent out her letters of thanks: "Milton," she wrote one son, "the house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house." "Gerald," she wrote to another, "I am too old to travel any more. My eyesight isn't what it used to be. I stay most of the time at home, so I rarely use the Mercedes. And the driver is so rude!" "Dearest Donald," she wrote to her third son, "you have the good sense to know what your Mother likes. The chicken was delicious!"

2. The Stupid Yet Intellectual Parrot.
One day a man went to an auction. While there, he bid on a parrot. He really wanted this bird, so he got caught up in the bidding. He kept on bidding, but kept getting outbid, so he bid higher and higher and higher.
Finally, after he bid way more than he intended, he won the bid - the parrot was his at last!
As he was paying for the parrot, he said to the Auctioneer, "I sure hope this parrot can talk. I would hate to have paid this much for it, only to find out that he can't talk!"
"Don't worry." said the Auctioneer, "He can talk. Who do you think kept bidding against you?"

3. Teachers' Day Celebrations. (Since teachers' day is nearing, this shall provide you guys with some really cranky gift ideas? Anyway, this is quite an intellectual joke, keep in view of the tasting of the present from the liquor store owner's son)
On a special teacher's day, a kindergarten teacher was receiving gifts from her pupils. The florist's son handed her a gift. She shooked it, held it over her head, and said, "I bet I know what it is - flowers!"
"That's right!" said the boy, "but how did you know?"
"Just a wild guess," she said.
The next pupil was the candy store owner's daughter. The teacher held her gift overhead, shooked it, and said, "I bet I can guess what it is - a box of candy!"
"That's right! But how did you know?" asked the girl.
"Just a lucky guess," said the teacher.
The next gift was from the liquor store owner's son. The teacher held the bag over her head and noticed that it was leaking. She touched a drop of the leakage with her finger and tasted it. "Is it wine?" she asked.
"No," the boy replied.
The teacher repeated the process, touching another drop of the leakage to her tongue. "Is it champagne?" she asked.
"No," the boy replied.
The teacher then said, "I give up, what is it?"
The boy replied, "A puppy!"

P.S: Haha, this is just some lame jokes for you guys to de-stress. However, as Promos are nearing, we must work a little harder right? So now, I'm going to reveal my study method cause it might be useful to you guys too.

Val's study equation : Y= 50A+ 30B +18C+2D, where
Y= results of tests/exams, A= attention in class, B= play, C= sleep and D=intelligence.

Yah, if you guys noticed, I spend at least 2 hours online everyday, so I don't really have much time to study. The only time I study is just before a test, and so it's good if you pay at least 50% attention in sch, so you don't have to waste time catching up at home, which most of us wouldn't do anyway.

Secondly, all work and no play is boring, so give yourself sometime to chill out and doing things you like. Besides, sleep is super impt. If you don't sleep well, there's no point in just pure mugging. Your brain needs to rest, and besides, it's impt that you can focus in sch rather than sleeping away. Yups, lastly, intelligence. All of us shld have it since we are in a JC instead of an asylum or woodbridge.

Yah, that's all I have to share. Hope you guys wouldn't kill me for crapping so much here. Anyway, I will help you guys with your studies as much as I can lah, but the crux still lies in your attitude towards learning. Hmmm, jia you for Promos then! Fighting!

Val